New Year’s Resolutions For Every Denver BusinessFebruary 18, 2015
The True Value of Denver Life InsuranceMarch 10, 2015
Developing a companywide Denver safety program can be one of the best things you will do for your business. There are many benefits to your business including an engaged workforce, lower workers compensation costs, and reduced workplace injuries. Why should your Denver business consider a safety program?
According to the Bureau of Labor & Statistics these are the leading causes of workplace injuries.
- Overexertion $15.1B 25.3%
- Falls on same level $9.19B 15.4%
- Struck by object or equipment $5.3B 8.9%
- Falls to lower level $5.12B 8.6%
- Other exertions or bodily reactions $4.27B 7.2%
- Roadway incidents involving motorized land vehicle $3.18B 5.3%
- Slip or trip without fall $2.17B 3.6%
- Caught in or compressed by equipment or objects $2.1B 3.5%
- Repetitive motions involving micro-tasks $1.84B 3.1%
- Struck against object or equipment $1.76B 2.9%
Follow These Basic Safety Rules
- Management must take the lead in all safety matters. If management is not supportive it will not be successful.
- Create a safety committee to oversee the program. Hold regular meetings, review accidents and develop policies and procedures.
- Create a safe and clean work environment. Complete regular safety inspections.
- Avoid unnecessary hazards. Do routine inspections of your workplace to identify risks.
- Maintain all machinery in good working order. It is your responsibility to ensure that all machinery is in good working order.
- Provide clear work instructions. Provide thorough training and clear, written instructions, and make sure that each worker reads and acknowledges your safety program.
- Ask your insurance company or broker to help you develop and manage your safety program. These partners offer tremendous resources.
- Know and follow all OSHA safety rules and guidelines.
- Train all employees on following sound safety rules.
- Hazard Prevention and Control. Develop safety procedures around all hazardous activities.
Our Denver business owners policy combines such business insurance necessities as general liability insurance, which covers commercial liability; property insurance, covering leased or owned physical assets