The New Economy Creates New Risks For Denver BusinessesOctober 7, 2015
Here Is Why Every Colorado Business Needs InsuranceOctober 21, 2015
Halloween is approaching. Kids and adults are looking forward to dressing up and going out to trick or treat in the neighborhood. With a little bit of planning you can ensure your ghouls and goblins have a frightfully fun time this year.
More than twice as many children are killed in pedestrian-car accidents on Halloween between the hours of 4 p.m. and 10 p.m., compared with the same hours on other days throughout the year, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Police will be increasing traffic patrols on Halloween in order to keep our kids safe, and to catch drunk drivers.
Protect The Trick Or Treaters
- Instruct your kids to never go into a stranger’s home.
- When shopping for costumes, wigs, and accessories, look for, and purchase, items with a label clearly indicating that they are flame resistant.
- Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers and, if possible, choose light colors.
- Make sure that any props your kids carry, such as wands or swords, are short and flexible.
- Only go to homes with a porch light on, and never enter a home or car for a treat.
- Children under the age of 12 should not be alone at night without adult supervision.
- Don’t eat homemade candy unless you know the family.
- Carry a flash light.
- Inspect all wrapped candy. If it has been opened toss it out.
- Set a curfew.
- Clean up your yard.
- Make a clear, well illuminated path to your door.
- Remember that a lot of Halloween decorations, like dried flowers, straw, and crepe paper are highly flammable. Make sure to keep your decorations away from all open flames.
- If you have a large display, make sure all electric cords are taped or secure to prevent tripping.
- Practice indoor fire safety by checking all smoke detectors. Make sure candles are placed in a secure area.
Are you looking for Denver Home Owners Insurance? If so, you understand that your home is one of your most important investments. DCInsurers Mountain Brokers understands your home is where many family memories are made and where you keep your important prized possessions.