Denver Product Liability
Product liability insurance covers your Denver business expenses associated with recalling a product from the market. Product recall insurance is typically purchased by distributor, manufacturers, some retailers, and electronics companies to cover costs like; customer notification, shipping and disposal costs. Product recall claims can come from manufacturing errors, design faults, human error, tampering, packaging errors, and more. The consequences to a firm’s profits and balance sheet can be severe, even fatal. Coverage generally applies to the firm itself, though additional coverage can be purchased to cover the costs of third parties.
Why Select DCInsurers – Mountain, For Your Product Recall insurance?
- Strong carrier financials to protect your product recall exposures
- Professional team
- Outstanding customer service
Common Sources of Product Recall Claims
- More than 90 tons of prepackaged salads and sandwiches by a California catering company are being recalled because a bacterial strain of E. coli has been linked to its products. The USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service says that it recalled salads and sandwich wraps containing cooked chicken and ham after 26 people in three states were sickened with a strand of E. coli.
- A compounding pharmacy is recalling sterile products because of the possibility of contamination. XYZ Company is voluntarily recalling sterile products produced over a six-month period. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said the recall comes because of concerns about the quality control procedures that could pose a potential risk about the sterility of the products.
- XYZ Company of N.Y is recalling about 3,000 area rugs. The rugs fail to meet federal flammability standards, posing a fire hazard to consumers. Three children were injured as a result of their rugs catching fire last year.
At DCInsurers – Mountain, we specialize in providing service to businesses like yours; professional organizations and consulting firms, and people who have specific insurance needs not met by traditional insurance products. Denver Professional Liability Insurance can be found by calling us today.